Thursday, January 9, 2014

and now for January 8th...

I am so glad I am getting this up today!  Right before I need to head to get my kiddos from school.  Yay!  (I will admit though, I am seeing way too much of my own face on this blog right now.  Yikes!  Monday is the girls again.)

Okay, so yesterday was a great day.  I learned a lot about myself, which is good.  And I solved my confusion I listed on this page later on during the day, which is awesome!  I wanted to use some good color on this page today to help me with the mood I was in yesterday.  Color, or the lack there of, always helps me tell my story.


I did use a picture from Christmas Eve.  That is my Christmas tree behind me.  Oh well.  I look the same.  I think I even wore that same sweater yesterday!  But my tree is down now.  :-)



So, now there is a challenge!  I mentioned it yesterday.  It is for January "me" pages.  There was one linked up in yesterday's post, but it doesn't need to be moved.  I know it is there.  But make a page about you.  It doesn't have to be today or yesterday.  It does not have to be 8 things, I just randomly picked that number and date.  Do what works for you, but make a point to scrapbook YOURSELF!  Although it doesn't look like it right now with these back to back me pages, I never scrapbook myself except this one monthly page.  But I am glad I do this.

So make your page, link it up here so I can ooo and ahhh and gush over how gorgeous it is, because it will be.  I cannot wait to see it.

On February 9th (fingers crossed I am timely) I will randomly choose a winner of a $15 Two Peas in a Bucket gift card and post a picture of that page and my February page here.  Come back to see if you win!!

Super easy.  Super fun.  I cannot wait to see your creations and read more about YOU!

Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. I love this page and how you used papers from the print shop collection. Beautiful picture of you as well! I love the white misting too! I would love to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page! They are very dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, this is going to be my scrappy goal for this year. 1 page a month about me. YAY!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Totally need to do my page...turns out these are the ONLY scrapbook pages I do each month since PL takes up ALL my time. Sadly though, I missed December 8. Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I said I would start in January & I actually remembered! So happy for this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.

    http://elizgardner.blogspot.com/2014/01/me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the interest and depth to you layout.

    The challenge is well timed. I have a January birthday and usually do an annual taking stock-type layout. MIne's at http://stampingrooster.blogspot.com/2014/01/me-at-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linking up for another month ;)

    http://stscrapbooker.blogspot.ca/2014/01/me-right-now-january-7th.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you combined all the beautiful colors in your layout! Here's my submission: http://paperlovechronicles.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/layout-share-home-at-last/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your great inspiration as always. Maybe I will do this every month? :) Here is my page! http://andrea-preciousmemories.blogspot.com/2014/01/capture-hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adore your page! Love all the squares! Definitely pinning it!
    I just did a page about "me" too, here's the link: http://moniquesscrapbook.blogspot.nl/2014/01/happy-49-lily-bee.html Thanks for taking a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you are having this challenge!
    Here are my two pages (yep, two - I couldn't skip december).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't sure if I was going to make a seperate Jan page or just the resolution one, but Jan was all about changing things up so I think I will stick with my first page! (Course I have already put together Febs before I realized I wasn't documenting Jan.) http://antenucci.blogspot.com/2014/01/i-am-teresa-collins-and-scraptastic-kit.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your monthly me pages and you have inspired me to try this for 2014! I turned 55 today, Feb 17, so I am going to try a "5 on the 5th" monthly format and see how it goes. I hardly ever scrap 12x12 but want to do more. I tend to lean towards mini monthly highlight or 365 project life type albums instead of traditional layouts. I want to do it all, lol! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your monthly me pages and you've inspired me to try this approach this year. I turned 55 today, Feb 17 and am going to try a "5 on the 5th" each month. I hardly ever do 12x12 traditional layouts but want to do more. I lean more towards mini monthly highlight albums or 365 mini albums, and smash style albums.

    ReplyDelete