Wednesday, January 8, 2014

December 8th is here (and a November winner)

And yes, it is January 8th, so I am a little late.  I am okay with that.  Had I posted my December 8th page a month ago, who knows what I would have said about my 8 things.  Who knows how dark and yucky my page would have been.  All I know is that I needed to take some time off and not share myself at that time because I was not happy.  Okay, let me clarify a little, I was happy in my life.  My family was and is good.  Christmas was coming.  Lots of happy things were happening.  I was happy in life, but the not the scrapbook thing.

On December 8th, I was pissed and done with scrapbooking.  With memory keeping.  With blogging.  With all of this.  I was drained and had no creativity left.  My scrapbook room was dark and I wanted nothing to do with it.  The videos had drained me.  My feelings were hurt.  I felt like there was nothing in me left to share.  So I started quitting things.  My term at Elle's was up.  One.  I decided to not stay on at Two Peas in 2014.  Two.  I even sent in my notice to American Crafts.  Three.  All that was left was Jenni Bowlin.  I kept those, after making sure I could stay because I felt like I had not been at my best.  Thank you Jenni and Doris.  And then I did not go anywhere near a supply until yesterday.

Yesterday, was fun though.  I used the new Jenni Bowlin January kits.  They are GORGEOUS.  I pulled out my notes from December 8th and BOOM, it came together in no time.  And it feels better than I did a month ago.  I am more at peace than I was a month ago and I know the decisions I have made since then have been good ones.  I may even have a bit of something to share soon.  :-)

But you have heard my blah, blah, blah now.  Here is my page...


One of my girls took the picture for me.  We were in the car.




Now enough about me...  How about a winner???  Remember, this is from November.  Yes, I am way behind.  So the November pages...  I will send you a $15 gift card to Two Peas in a Bucket.  You will be able to spend it on some new CHA stuff!!!  Woot woot!!

And the winner is....

antenucci

And this is her awesome page...


I just love the colors!!!

So email me antenucci and I will send you your gift card.  saltyair05 (at) gmail (dot) com.

And I am not going to do a winner for December, since December is over.  But I will host a challenge for January!  I will attempt to have my page up tomorrow.  Same prize.  A Two Peas gift card!  Woot woot!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. 'Hoping my kids know I am not really a crazy nut job' - possibly the best quote from a layout ever :)
    Sorry to hear you've been struggling.
    You are certainly back though, it's a very Corrie layout - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your post today. I've missed you. Love your layout, as always. I'm not going to say that it just might inspire me to scrap. I'm not gonna say it. Maybe it'll happen then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are staying on at JBS!! I'm a big JBS fan and I love seeing your amazing work there!!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! I love the idea of doing a layout of 8 things each month. So fun for a BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate. I feel your heart. You rock Corrie and it seems you did all the right things... I loved reading your post today and your page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your layout today. And I'm glad to read you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work Corrie! it really gets me inspired. I was really happy to see you posting here again and I'm glad you are working through your problems. Also here is my submission for the January 8th challenge
    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/587730-meteoragirl/1970946-me-on-january-8th/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 1st instinct was to send you a very nice bottle of wine... my 2nd was to cry, which i never do! my third was to say your saying what so many have felt...which is why I love you. Your honesty. Sorry to see you off those design teams, happy your still w/ JB and thrilled your still posting to your blog. I'm behind, good intentions and all that. Just know that I decided to drink the wine so at least 1 of us would feel better at the start of 2014. I hope this put a smile on your face. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Corrie! I am so sorry! I just want you to know that you and your work is such an inspiration for me! Keep on scrapbooking and do it for YOU! I am glad that you are feeling better. I have truly missed you and your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. I just discovered you over at GIS. I was completely blown away by your work. I'm glad for my own selfish reasons that your still creating, and hoping it brings you happiness again too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you have been feeling blue but its great that you recognize those feelings & you do something about it - a great example for your children & all of us really. I think your pages are beautiful works of art. I hope you keep sharing here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear of your struggles. Sometimes it's good to take a step back and take a break!
    Thanks for your post... makes me feel normal!

    ReplyDelete